Highbury Media Job Vacancy in Cape Town, SA
Career Opportunity: Group Editor
|Remuneration:||To be discussed|
Highbury Media (Pty) Ltd is an independent print and digital company that publishes some of SA’s best performing print titles. We are looking to appoint a passionate group editor with excellent leadership skills.
Key performance areas:
- Develop a content strategy in line with the brand’s identity.
- Generate content ideas and advise the design and sales departments.
- Commission internal and freelance writers.
- Write copy where applicable.
- Edit all copy to ensure submitted features meet briefs.
- Approve layouts.
- Sign off magazine black books.
- Meet production deadlines and shepherd publications to print.
- Drive and develop the content strategy across social media and web platforms.
- Hire, train and develop new recruits.
- Track engagement across web and social media using analytics and other online tools.
- Liaise with the client to ensure smooth running of the magazines and digital platforms.
- Mentor and manage editorial team.
- Lead staff and client toward targeted outcomes.
- Adhere to budgets and sign off all recons.
- Driven, motivated, focused and passionate.
- Organised, deadline driven and effective time management skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to learn and develop within the department.
- Excellent client management skills.
- Technically savvy.