Mid-Weight Copywriter Job Vacancy in Cape Town, SA
Job Opening: Mid-Weight Copywriter
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Company:||Viv Gordon Placements|
We have a stunning opportunity for a mid-weight copywriter at a national experiential agency’s Cape Town office. We’re looking for a vibrant and creative individual with a copywriting background, but way more than just a great wordsmith. You will have a strong conceptual ability and have the confidence to share ideas, even when they seem ridiculous. You will have the ability to articulate ideas in a way that clients not only understand but love. You will be on the pulse of current local, national and international trends relating to consumers, brands and live experiences. You will understand SA consumer demographics and an ability to think across racial profiles. This exciting role will see you playing a vital role in conceptualising original solutions and ensuring they are grounded both in brand and consumer insight as well as meeting the clients’ brief. Show us a portfolio that shows you have what it takes to make this position yours!
- Playing a central role in thinking up and developing fresh concepts that achieve the sometimes-difficult balance or being pioneering whilst also grounded in insights and clients brief and objectives
- Leading the ideation process of brainstorming and linked desk work to distil and develop ideas
- Articulating ideas through explanation, diagrams and other methods as appropriate
- Creating client facing presentations that are not formulaic, predictable or wordy; presentations that tell stories and grab the attention of often busy-minded people
- Maintaining attention to detail. This is more than just avoiding typos. Ensuring that all elements of the brief are covered and being thorough in your approach to all your work
- Writing the words/script required to communicate and explain the idea to clients in presentations
- Developing key copy and names that play a central part in conceptual ideas
- Presenting concepts to clients in a confident, engaging and occasionally unusual way
- Mentoring junior colleagues in a professional and caring way that ensures the team grows together
- Keeping regular tabs on your emails and diary so you are on top of what is going on and can independently prioritise work and manage your time to ensure best outcomes
- Ensuring work is delivered on time and deadlines are met
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Formal copywriting or marketing qualification relevant to the position – not negotiable
- Minimum five years’ agency experience – not negotiable (ideally with bias towards BTL)
- Strong conceptual ability – not negotiable
- A passion for brand strategy – not negotiable
- Good understanding of consumer dynamics and the full racial spectrum of the SA marketplace – Not negotiable
- ‘Finger on the pulse’ individual, aware and up-to-date with local and international brand and consumer trends
- Good communication skills: both written and verbal
- Must be able to manage time and work to tight deadlines
- Great organisation skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to multitask (manage multiple creative briefs at one time)
Please submit an advertising portfolio on the application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Viv Gordon Placements (VGP) is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, public relations and publishing industries.