Ndalo Media Junior Designer Job Vacancy in Cape Town, SA
Job Title: Junior Designer
|Remuneration:||negotiable Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Cape Town, De Waterkant|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Ndalo Media is seeking a dynamic designer to join the ELLE Decoration South Africa team, supporting the Creative Director with the design, organisation and production of the brand’s print and digital platforms. The candidate will also provide sales, marketing, digital and social media support where required in line with Ndalo Media’s publishing strategy.
- Assist with the design and preparation of editorial layouts, for print and digital platforms
- Sales and marketing support: including, but not limited to, mailers, presentations, online banners and competitions, across all Ndalo Media brands
- Digital and mobile support: including, but not limited to, website banners, images, mailers, social media artwork and advertising, across all Ndalo Media brands
- Preparing artwork for events, e.g. invitations, online artwork, presentations, banners, etc
- Brainstorming and contributing editorial content ideas
- Filing, processing and working on all incoming images
- Image retouching in Photoshop for print.
- Updating wall and dummy book
- Meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Diploma or degree in graphic design
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Strong portfolio of work
- Key personality traits: creative, enthusiastic, driven, organized, motivated and dependable.
- Keen attention to detail, a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and willing to work long hours
- Working on a monthly title and digital platforms, you need to work efficiently, have the ability to multi-task and work at a high pace consistently.
- Interest in décor and design
- Knowledge of both print and digital platforms
- Confidence to offer input and share ideas
- Photographic, WordPress and strong written and verbal communication skills advantageous