Oxford University Press Managing Designer Job Vacancy in Cape Town, SA
Job Title: Managing Designer
|Company:||Oxford University Press|
Oxford University Press, an equal opportunity employer, seeks a talented individual to fill this in its Studio Department, based in the Western Cape area.
Reporting to the Studio Manager, the successful candidate will have the main purpose of designing books, brochures and other related material in accordance with the company’s publishing programme.
The successful applicant will need:
- Diploma in Visual Communication (Graphic Design)
- Three years’ design experience on a Mac
- Two years’ book design experience
- Two years’ project management
- Knowledge of the educational publishing industry
- Proven experience in branding and page layout
- Proficiency in Adobe CS suite
- Experience in front-end digital design HTML and CSS coding
- Good project management skills
- Good report writing and presentation
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint.
If you are creative, accurate, and deadline driven, we would like to hear from you.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. We offer pension and medical aid benefits, 20 working days’ leave, statutory leave, training opportunities and engaging work in a rewarding and ethical environment.
To apply, please visit www.oxford.co.za At the bottom of the home page, click on “read more” under Careers, and click on the word “here” in the careers paragraph. You will be directed to our online career portal to forward a letter of motivation and CV.
Closing date: 20 December 2017
Oxford University Press will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need for transformation.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Oxford reserves the right not to fill the vacancy at this time.